welcome to nuneaton club for young people
A Brief History of the Club
Nuneaton Club for Young People was founded in 1948, then it was just boxing and used to hire halls around the town, mainly the old Coal Board Offices that used to stand where Halford’s now is.
The committee leased land from the council in 1956, and the clubhouse was built in 1958. The clubhouse opened in January 1959.
Many know it still as Nuneaton Boys Club although the name changed in 1999 to reflect the growing numbers of girls attending and to stay in line with the changes at national level.
The Boys’ Club centred on boxing and youth clubs, and then in 1957 Nuneaton Boy’s Club Football Club was founded.
Our football teams have for many years had a great reputation for sportsmanship and this continues to the present day.
The club has changed in its physical appearance since the beginning, but we still have a strong boxing and football section.
We have had a few well known players either start their football careers at the Club or have played for us at one time or another. One of these famous players was Kevin Keegan who went on to play for Liverpool AFC. and was capped several times for England. He later went on to be England manager.
Nuneaton Club for Young People has gone from strength to strength and changed with the times. One thing that never changes is the commitment of the people who run it. All of who are volunteers and give their time and enthusiasm free.